Weather Events & Internet/Service Outages – What to Expect
Power and Internet Outages:
If a student/teacher experiences a power or internet outage:
- Contact your teacher or school to report the outage.
- If you lose power or connection during a Microsoft Teams class session and you are unable to connect, you should attempt to connect as soon as a connection is available.
- If your teacher is suddenly absent without notification from a Microsoft Teams class, you should leave the session and re-enter after 15 minutes. If the teacher is still absent from Microsoft Teams you may end class.
- The teacher will follow up with individual students or the class as soon as possible.
- You should take note of asynchronous activities you could do without an internet connection.
- You can also continue to work on previously assigned classwork.
Weather events (snow days)
Snow days during remote learning will work differently than a normal school year. If snow or inclement weather affects a school day, remote instruction will continue and in-person students receiving special services will shift to all remote learning for that day. There will not be late starts due to snow or weather events.